Dalhousie offers wireless internet on its campuses for Dalhousie community members who have a NetID. Any type of wireless device can access the network.
Eduroam lets people from other higher education institutions get internet access at Dal.
- Mobile Device Setup:
- Desktop/Laptop Setup:
- If you are from a different university, please look for your school in the Eduroam site
2. WPA2 - Dal wireless network
Dal’s secure Wi-Fi Protected Access network – for general use (NetID required).
- Windows devices
- Apple Computers
- Mobile devices
3. Dal wireless VPN network
You need to use VPN on your device to get internet access on the Dal network. Follow these instructions only if the device you have is not capable of using the WPA2 network. More information about our VPN service.
- Installing VPN Client software
- Authenticating through the VPN Client
- Authenticating using iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
Creating guest access
The Help Desk provides Dalhousie students, faculty and staff with information and assistance with computing questions and problems, including: e-mail, password resets, wireless access, and usage of the university's IT resources.